Katie and I got to spend a day in Chicago! Which is extremely exciting. We have been trying to plan a trip to see it since we moved out here.
Here is why we made the trip:
So we got a call from Nick and he had a fantastic offer for me that included Cubs tickets, long story, but in short, we got to spend a day at Sundance Vacations sales office. (ask Nick about the details)
I knew beforehand that this was going to be “one of those” presentations where you sit and listen about how you can become a member of a travel network and go on vacations all around the country and Mexico for 198 dollars for the entire 7 nights and 8 days. (yes I did pay attention)
After the presentation we got to sit down with a salesperson while he tried to convince us that we needed to become a member. Unfortunately for him, we had already made up our mind (before we got there). We kept saying “no” and from my experience as a salesperson, we convinced him that we were doing him a favor and didn’t want to waste his time.
He brought out beautiful resort pictures of Cabo and the Bahamas. When you sit on the other side of the table here are 3 tips to get out of a vacation sales presentation alive. (without buying)
- Decide before hand and stick to the game plan – show no interest.
- Don’t act nervous or unsure, sales people will smell “blood”
- Be honest and up front; the sales person will appreciate it and let you leave.
(sales people know customers lie) – Uncovering lies is always included in sales trainings.
I am sure they DO NOT like us, (the people that waste their time and don’t buy, but are just there for the free stuff) but that is certainly the disadvantage of marketing a business this way. (by the way, I am sure they sell a TON of memberships to people that can’t say no)
So if you get a call from a random person telling you that you won a free cruise. . . . No it is NOT a scam. You just have to spend an hour and 20 minutes at a high pressure sales presentation. We have the Free Cruise papers and 2 tickets to a Cubs game to prove it. (see pics)
Description of our photos:
- We passed a truck from Gunnison Utah – Small World
- Snapped a picture in the waiting room
- Made it out alive with the Cubs tickets
- Back through the great state of Indiana
- Ikea trip prize for Katie
- She decided to get a tent for Maggie – Wow, great choice . . . (only $7, I was happy)